HOW IT WORKS:
Students log in to a secure, virtual classroom on the web where they engage with media rich content, interactive lesson pages, and qualified teachers.
Each course uses proven learning methods that engage students in lessons, practice exercises and assessments to provide them with the opportunity for subject matter mastery.
Students work through courses at a custom pace. Each student is assigned a Christian teacher, who will answer questions and grade submitted assignments.
Virtual Academy Information
Policies & Forms
2014-2015 | Courses & Pricing
TOP 10 Reasons to Choose SBACS Virtual Academy & Sevenstar
- Has a Christian mission with Christian teachers, material, and Biblical worldview integration and promotes spiritual growth
- School is Regionally Accredited by North Central and Advanced Ed*
- Courses are recognized by the NCAA
- Offers College Board approved AP Courses
- Courses are based on national standards-teachers are certified, trained and evaluated for appropriate class placement
- Most courses require no additional materials
- Courses include multi-media, use enriching websites, use online discussions, require critical thinking, and use oral assessments
- Students set their pace and are held accountable but pacing can be adjusted to meet individual needs
- Schools are kept informed
- Quick enrollment-new students can start every Monday!
*Our partner, Sevenstar Academy, is regionally accredited by both North Central and Advanced Ed
Our credit recovery solution gives students the opportunity to repeat a course to improve their grade. Any student who has taken a traditional or online course and was not academically successful may enroll in a Credit Recovery course to earn a credit. Courses are offered throughout the year and students have up to ten weeks to complete it. These courses are elegantly designed and Biblically integrated to challenge students academically as well as spiritually.
SBACS Virtual Academy and Sevenstar simplifies homeschooling by providing well-planned, engaging lessons for every course. The curriculum challenges students academically and spiritually, while our learning environment gives parents the power to teach online courses, modify lessons, and add a variety of enrichment activities. Most classes have an optional honors track and all classes are well-structured to maximize student learning and growth.
If parents choose, teacher-led courses are also available to save time and extend the homeschooling experience throughout high school. A qualified, Christian teacher can be provided for every course, which may be desireable in upper level courses such as foreign language and AP courses. Parents remain in control of the education by having access to all the lessons and coursework submitted by their children.